Monday, April 11, 2005

WMVs for April 11

FYI, I finally posted #89 on my top 100 blog; hopefully, that will get me primed to update it more regularly.

Mastodon - March of the Fire Ants: Mastodon is one of the "hot" metal acts these days. I just bought their latest album, Leviathan, which has its interesting moments, but overall seems kinda overrated. What convinced me to get the CD was this video from their previous album, which demonstrates their blend of Grind, Death, and Power Metal, and highlights their chief gimmick - the drumming.

Neurosis - A Sun That Never Sets: Neurosis is now one of my favorite bands, and this is the title track from my favorite album of theirs. It is one of their most accessible songs, as it sounds a little bit like a Soundgarden ballad. About 90 seconds have been edited out of the song, but this will give you a taste of what they're about.

Nile - Sarcophagus: Nile's gimmick is that they write songs about ancient Egypt (reading the liner notes is informative and fun), blending top-quality American Death Metal with creepy atmospherics. The low-budget video doesn't do them justice, but it *is* a really good song of their latest, excellent release (see allmusic.com's gushing review for more details).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home